Imagine. Invent. Innovate.
ProtoSpace is an additive and advanced manufacturing facility that actively supports education, exploration and innovation. This unique lab is supporting innovation in R&D, driving collaboration across sectors and disciplines, and building partnerships that can unlock the next generation of manufacturing opportunities.
The facility spans 900m² and includes Australia’s largest collection of additive manufacturing technologies. This range of additive and advanced manufacturing technologies, software and expertise, places NSW at the forefront of manufacturing innovation in the local region. Through industry and academic engagement with ProtoSpace, we are transforming supply chains, introducing new business models and actively creating the next generation of manufacturing opportunities for Australia.
The lab supports all aspects of the additive and advanced manufacturing process, from component design, manufacturing investigations and prototyping all the way through to final product research and development. More broadly, it's supporting digital transformation in the NSW manufacturing sector to inspire a new generation of thinkers, inventors, designers and innovators.
What does ProtoSpace offer?
- Advanced manufacturing opportunities from desktop to full-size industrial technologies
- Access to advanced 3D printing technology, software and expertise
- Opportunity to explore new ideas in materials, process, design, manufacturing and production
- Pursue early-stage R&D and testing
- Rapid prototyping and design iteration
- Direct support from our additive manufacturing specialists and highly trained technical staff
- Short courses and up-skilling opportunities for industry
Who can use this space?
UTS ProtoSpace provides a gateway for industry, to explore and engage in development projects for new applications areas, transformative design, materials sciences, electronics manufacturing and much more.
Industry and academic collaboration
ProtoSpace creates opportunities for industry and researchers to collaborate in the multidisciplinary facility to design, innovate and develop the future of manufacturing.
ProtoSpace is working closely with community groups and entrepreneurs to bring these new capabilities and technologies to the wider NSW community.