UTS continues to work alongside industry to offer academic and technological resources for SMEs and well-established commercial organisations. Access to the vast range of high-end additive manufacturing facilities in ProtoSpace are extended to external partners.
Designed to assist in driving digital transformation (Industry 4.0) in manufacturing in Australia, ProtoSpace is a hub for creative innovation, research and development in the heart of Sydney. University students, staff, and industry may work with our technicians to develop and refine designs which can then be manufactured using the most suitable equipment and materials for your project. Our services cater for rapid prototyping, and focuses on facilitating research and development.
If your organisation is exploring R&D projects which will benefit from rapid-prototyping, our additive manufacturing specialists and highly trained technical staff can collaborate and support your team.
External collaborative projects are currently managed by UTS Rapido.
What does ProtoSpace offer?
- Access to high-end 3D printing, rapid prototyping and new manufacturing technologies to build functional prototypes
- Pursue early-stage product development, with local capability and expertise using an advanced range of AM equipment
- Trial and experiment with state-of-the-art technologies and local knowledge
- Work with customers onsite in purpose-built facilities to test and iterate your designs
- Access internationally acclaimed research expertise and government grant funding opportunities
- Meet your future employees – build recruitment pathways by networking with UTS current students
- Upskill your current engineering workforce – engage with workshops, short courses, projects, case studies and test cases
- ProtoSpace facility tours
- Sponsor student projects, events, hackathons and scholarships
- Social justice and community outreach programs
- Consultancy projects and services with Rapido for AM technology exploration, scoping, test-case projects and education
- Research and development projects, including support and access to government grant funding
- Objective 3D