The Faculty of Engineering and IT's internship program has a long history. We consistently produce graduates who are well-prepared for practice in industry, government and the community. Your involvement in this constantly evolving program significantly contributes to this outcome.
Our flexible approach to internships for 2020
An internship is one of the best ways to prepare a student for the workforce.
A student typically spends most of their degree at university, not in a workplace. The Faculty of Engineering and IT understands the value of meaningful internship experiences, in partnership with industry and students. Together, we can contribute to the education and professional development of interns and their job readiness.
Adapting to the current social and economic changes, the faculty has introduced a more agile and flexible internship program for the remainder of 2020. This ensures students and industry can continue to work together.
This new format offers companies the flexibility of interns who can:
- Work from home.
- Work in an office or onsite.
- A combination of both home and in the office.
Online courses are available as needed, along with a pilot program of projects which can be completed via online tools or through virtual internships.
Our talented students can help your business
Find out how our students could assist your business in these challenging times. Talk with us about internship duration, payments, modes of working and learn more about our new virtual internship program.
Join our virtual internship pilot
Contact Loletta Yuen
Benefits of employing an intern
DOWNLOAD A BROCHURE
Hundreds of employers have discovered a smart and affordable way to increase their talent pool by taking advantage of our internship program and employing interns.
In our recent employer survey, over 95 per cent of supervisors agree that the students they employ are productive for the company. Employers report that UTS students are prepared, knowledgeable, talented, creative, and possess skills that add value by making a real difference in their organisations. We offer over 7500 students access to rigorous internship programs as part of their industry-recognised courses.
Student internships are a great way for your organisation to:
- help students develop their technical and professional competencies in an authentic environment while you help shape the future of the engineering and IT professions
- gain access to motivated, talented and innovative students who can contribute to your organisational goals and projects
- bring future leaders of engineering and IT into your organisation before they graduate, and
- trial potential new employees for a significant period, typically three or six months for engineering and 9-12 months for information technology, securing the right graduate for your company and solving short-term staffing needs.
Employ an intern using UTS CareerHub
We connect our students with employers for internships using UTS CareerHub. Employers, register your company and advertise your internship opportunities for free.