I believe in empathy, sincerity and a strong work ethic coupled with a positive attitude and an aptitude for strategic vision that gives me the strength to face difficult circumstances and achieve professional goals.
Junaid Rehman Shaikh is a doctoral candidate at School of Information, Systems and Modelling, UTS. His PhD project focuses on how high performance work systems stimulate organization knowledge capital to create sustainable value advantage in Professional Service Firms.
His prior work experience spreads across multiple industries, mainly focusing on higher education policy planning, academic development, R&D promotion, public sector governance and organizational knowledge management. For seven years, he has facilitated cutting-edge research through research grants, policy regulations and reforms in the higher education sector of Pakistan. At UTS, he has worked on different projects that mainly involved supervision of IT student internship projects and development of business plans for student start-up projects.
- Codex Content Developer (Faculty of Science, UTS, Australia)
- IT Student Industry Mentor (Faculty of Engineering & IT, UTS, Australia)
- Project Manager – Technical (CricDoc Pty Ltd, Australia)
- Assistant Director – Research (Higher Education Commission, Pakistan)
- Master of Business Administration (UTS, Australia)
- Master of Engineering Management (UTS, Australia)
- Bachelor of Electronics Engineering (MUET, Pakistan)
- Professional Engineer (Engineers Australia), Australia.
- Member Association of Professional Engineers, Australia.
- Member Association of Information Systems (AIS), USA.
- Member Project Management Institute (PMI), USA
- RTP PhD Scholarship (Australia)
- SSA Community Excellence Award (Australia)
- Accomplish Award (Australia)
- Star Laureate Award (Pakistan)
- Recipient of top-ten merit scholarship reward during undergraduate engg.
- UTS Student Professional Mentorship Program
- Student Academic Advisory and Research Support
Research interests and areas of expertise
- Organisational Culture and Knowledge Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence.
- Business Communication and Strategy.
- Engineering Project Management
- Systems Thinking, Requirements Analysis and Stakeholder Management
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Policy Recommendations
- Renewable Energy Policy Planning and Sustainability.
- Public Sector Governance, Reforms & Service Delivery.
- Higher Education Regulation and Policy Development.