Our application areas are multi-disciplinary with focus on Spatial Modelling and Complex Modelling for sustainability and conservation of natural resources.
The application areas are:
- Marine & Coastal Applications: We integrate satellite technology and GIS for sustainable management of marine and coastal resources.
- Natural Resources Applications: We integrate satellite technology and GIS to monitor natural resources.
- Smart Farming Applications: We integrate UAV based technology for precision farming.
- Environmental Applications: Recent and planned technological advancements in remote sensing are demonstrating that space-based measurements can be a valuable tool for environmental monitoring.
- Cutting edge research on natural disaster modelling (e.g. hazard, vulnerability and risk modelling) using multi-sensor remote sensing data/parameters and GIS tools for flood, bushfire, mass movements, coastal sensitivity analysis, earthquake etc.
- Laser scanning studies in various environmental and disaster applications.
- Development of new ensemble and complex modelling tools in GIS for various types of natural and man-made hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment.
- Data analyses for land surface, urban heat island studies in mega cities in Australia, land-use change modelling, urban growth and sprawl modelling, environmental process studies and ground water catchment modelling, groundwater contamination and pollution modelling in GIS.
- Ocean surface remote-sensing specifics in oil spill detection from microwave satellite imagery and oil spill trajectory modelling in GIS.
- Noise emission modelling and CO modelling emitted from traffic and their risk assessment.
- Medical and Health Applications: We use different remote sensing sensors and geospatial modelling approaches for epidemic outbreak modelling.
- Urban Development Applications: We have vast knowledge and experience in developing spatial application for urban development, which can be essential for decision-making.
- Complex Business Processes: We develop models that deal with making complex business processes efficient and effective.
- We develop analytical models for system level optimisation and decision making and data driven algorithms for decision making. The main areas of application include healthcare, SME operations, logistics and supply chain management.