The School of Information, Systems and Modelling delivers cutting edge programs in the area of Information Systems. Building on the foundations of multiple disciplines (such as systems analysis and design, computer networking, information security, database management and decision support systems), Information Systems play a central role in creating a more sustainable society.
Our approach to teaching and learning
The School’s educational offerings focus on the development of skills and methods to use technology to understand, manage and build complex systems that deliver value to enterprises, including organisational and environmental systems and smart infrastructure (natural, technological, socio-technical, and hybrid).
Our teaching and learning approach is shaped by the unique UTS Model of Learning framework, which encourages a practice-based, collaborative and globally relevant learning approach to develop sought after graduate attributes. Our partnership with industry, government and our alumni ensures that our programs are always relevant and future-oriented.
From 2020, the School will offer the following unique suite of courses – unique because they equip the student to contribute in contexts beyond just business:
The Delloitte report "ACS Australia's Digital Pulse 2019" : Benefits of re-skilling to meet demands for digital skills exceed $11,000 per worker per year.
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems
Graduates of our programs make a difference by helping enterprises and communities to design, build, deploy, evaluate and manage their complex challenges in contexts as diverse as business, health, disaster management and smart infrastructure.
You will be able to pursue a career in a range of ICT related sectors including:
- Smart Cities and Infrastructure
And, depending on your level of qualification, take on roles such as:
- IS/IT Manager
- Information Management Specialist
- Data/Enterprise Architect
- Information Systems Analyst/Designer
- Business Analyst
- Business Process Modeller
- Smart Infrastructure Professional
- Supply Chain Modeller
- Digital Transformation Consultant
- Data Modeller
- System Modeller
Meet our academics
Our academics bring with them a wealth of experience in industry, government and research. This mix, together with the state of the art UTS learning facilities provides our students with a rich and unique learning experience.
Meet some of our academics:
- Dr Eila Erfani, Senior Lecturer – Eila has a strong commitment to using a wide range of teaching methodologies, including online delivery of course materials, flipped classroom and constructivism approach to course delivery.
- Dr Thorsten Lammers, Senior Lecturer – Thorsten builds bridges between the academic and professional worlds using extensive experiences in practice-oriented research as well as in top-tier strategy and operations consulting.
- Dr Osama Sohaib, Lecturer – Osama Sohaib has taught many subjects at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in the area of Information systems and Software engineering, with his current coordination in Business Processes and IT Strategy and Networked Enterprise Architecture.
The School of Information, Systems and Modelling staff listing provides details of all the school's members.