UTS Engineering and IT Industry Advisory Board
The world of engineering and information technology is changing.
At UTS Engineering and Information Technology, we focus on innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity and technology, both in and outside the classroom. Key to our vision is ensuring that students and researchers are closely connected to industry. We achieve this by having an engaged Industry Advisory Board (IAB).
Mission and objectives
The Industry Advisory Board’s mission is to support the Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) as we develop the global thinkers, leaders, innovators of tomorrow. The Board also collaborates with us on initiatives that advance the state of the Engineering and IT profession.
Role of the Industry Advisory Board
UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT is part of a dynamic, future-focused, world-leading university of technology. As the bridge linking UTS and industry, the Board works closely with our Faculty to accelerate progress.
Some of Australia’s most respected Engineering and IT professionals sit on the Faculty’s Industry Advisory Board. This diverse mix of senior industry representatives gives us access to a broad range of knowledge and experience, including:
- High-level strategic advice and direction to support excellence in practice-based education and real-world research-based outcomes
- Acting as advocates and ambassadors to ensure the Faculty’s external messages resonate with industry
- Strategic links to key business, industry, government and community bodies
- Assistance in determining future priority areas in research, curriculum development and engagement
- Access to a pool of experts who can become actively involved in projects of significance to the Faculty.
For questions or further information about the Industry Advisory Board or to connect with our members, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org