At RFCT we offer a world class RF design and fabrication capability to generate the next generation of transmission technologies.
The newly established RFCT lab with over $3 million worth of equipment has an array of unique R&D facilities, enabling the development of embedded RF devices and supporting technologies, and delivering services to industry at UTS.
Our infrastructure supports agile RF and embedded device modelling and prototyping, reducing the lead time required to get an initial conceptual device up and running. This enables researchers, innovators, and our industry partners to model and develop their embedded radiofrequency and communication technologies quickly and efficiently.
Our laboratory offers world class RF design, fabrication, and pre-compliance testing capabilities for the development of the next generation of embedded RF devices and transmission technologies.
Our R&D facilities include:
- Computational software (CST, HFSS, ADS, Solid works)
- RF PCB prototyping machine
- RF multilayer press machine (up to 8 layers)
- SMT component placement machine (pick & place)
- Highly integrated electronic 3D devices with Laser direct structuring (LDS). This LDS machine provides a unique way of integrating mechanical and electronic functions on moulded parts. Key advantages:
- Completely 3D-capable: The laser beam defines the layout.
- Integration of various functionalities (3D conductive trace structures, antennas, switches, connectors, and sensors)
Measurement and Pre-compliance Testing Capabilities:
Ultra-Compact Chamber EMC (electromagnetic compatibility chamber)
Operating frequency: 80 MHz- 40 GHz
The EMC chamber allows fast and efficient EMC radiated tests to be performed at a convenient location, without interference from the ambient electromagnetic environment. The ultra-compact hybrid chamber is an alternative solution to the GTEM (GHz Transverse Electromagnetic) cell for pre-compliance testing as well as for research and scientific purposes.
Some of the testing equipment includes:
- 4-port vector network analyser (10 MHz-40 GHz)
- Vector signal generators with analog and digital options (100 kHz to 20 GHz)
- Digital oscilloscope, 4 channels, 4 GHz bandwidth, sampling rate 20 GSa/s
- Signal and spectrum analysers: 10 Hz to 40 GHz
- Handheld spectrum analysers (9 kHz to 8 GHz)
- Impedance analyser- LCR bridge
- Digital Multimeter
- Power meter and power sensors