Staff in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) are thought leaders who drive change through education. Many are also renowned practitioners in their fields — Education, Politics and Sociology, Creative Arts and Writing, Language, Communication and Culture, and History.
But what really sets us apart from other university faculties is our commitment to teaching and research beyond traditional boundaries. Whether we’re producing novel research, delivering innovative teaching, building academic networks or growing our industry connections, we pride ourselves on embedding innovation at the core of what we do.
Many of our staff have been recognised for the outstanding work they do, whether it’s teaching excellence, innovation in research or the pursuit of social justice. Some recent achievements include:
- Heidi Norman, winner of the 2016 Neville Bonner Award for Indigenous Education
- Lucy Fiske, winner of the Jo Wilton Memorial Award at the 2016 UTS Human Rights Awards
- Nina Burridge, recipient of a High Commendation at the 2016 UTS Human Rights Awards for promoting and improving education opportunities for women in Afghanistan.
- Ilaria Vanni Accarigi was awarded the Strengthening the UTS Model of Learning Award, 2016 UTS Teaching and Learning Awards
- Jim Macnamara, winner of the Don Bartholomew Award for Outstanding Service to the Communications Industry.
Join our team
In the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, we want to be the best. To develop highly acclaimed courses that stand on their own. To deliver teaching that inspires and shapes the leaders of tomorrow. To produce world-beating research that creates positive change.
If you’re interested in finding out about roles currently available in the Faculty, visit our recruitment page for more information.
You can find our full staff directory (including biographies) here: