Internships in the UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Producing graduates with industry-relevant skills
In the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), our industry hosts provide a wide range of internship and professional placement opportunities for students in all of our courses. We’re currently seeking host organisations who want to mentor the leading professionals of tomorrow, leveraging their skills and knowledge for organisational gain.
Benefits for industry
As a FASS industry host, offering an internship placement to a UTS student can provide a range of benefits to your organisation.
- gain access to short-term workplace support (e.g. project assistance)
- gain fresh ideas, new perspectives and increased awareness of new technologies and research
- contribute to developing the future workforce for your industry or field of practice
- develop mentoring skills within your organisation
- contribute to your corporate social responsibility and community engagement objectives.
Types of internships
Internships can be offered across a range of arts and social sciences disciplines, including:
- Advertising, public relations and corporate communication
- Organisational and government communication
- Social media
- Video production
- Information and knowledge management
- Global studies (global perspectives on communication, business, law and management)
We’re also seeking specialist internship placements for primary and secondary education students. Please contact the School of Education Practicum Office to find out more.
Is your company based overseas? We’re always on the lookout for international internship opportunities that give our students a global perspective on their studies. FASS currently has more than 70 relationships with international educational institutions and corporations; some of our current partners include Mitsui & Co (Japan) and 40K Globe (India).
Duration of internships
There is a limit on the number of hours an intern can be placed at an organisation, our interns are available for a maximum of 30 days if they are unpaid and depending on the type of internship undertaken (i.e. for course credit or voluntary internships).
International internships are approximately 3 to 4 weeks in duration.
Who do I contact?
For more information on international internship opportunities, please contact Director of Internationalisation: Susan Oguro
Information for students
If you’re a current FASS student and you’re looking for information on internships, please visit the following school pages for more information:
You can also read articles on internships and placements written by FASS students.