The Bachelor of Global Studies is a professionally-oriented and versatile arts degree.
The degree engages students in critical thinking and complex problem solving regarding pertinent economic, political and social issues facing our societies today.
Globalisation has dramatically changed the way our world works, and global processes continue to shape our lives. Students study core subjects that allow them to examine how globalised economies, institutions and cultures operate, along with a directed professional major equipping them with knowledge and skills in either Business, Management, Communications, Legal or Health Studies. Engaging with real-world organisations, industry experts and local communities, students complete a domestic or international internship, and have the opportunity to study a session overseas.
Bachelor of Global Studies, with professional majors available in:
- Business studies
- Health studies
- Communication studies
- Management studies
- Legal studies
Why Global Studies at UTS?
Internationalisation, social impact, mobility and employability are priorities.
- Gain a global edge that sets you apart in the job market - study abroad or undertake a short-term international work placement or study a language.
- Choose an embedded major that will build specialist skills in your chosen area of professional practice and gain work experience even before you graduate.
- Develop transferrable skills – verbal and written communication, team work, intercultural competence, creative and critical enquiry, problem solving – that are highly sought after in a range of work environments.
- Engage in practice-oriented learning via fieldtrips investigating how global issues manifest in the global city of Sydney, liaise with industry experts and front-line workers in the community addressing global problems, and produce work for real-world organisations.
- Study under the guidance of leading academics at the forefront of research on global issues and who integrate current and cutting edge research, applied expertise and industry connections into your course work.
Your chosen professional major in either Business, Management, Communications, Legal or Health Studies can lead to careers in:
- government policy and planning
- local or international NGOs
- social research
- consultancy and legal firms
- human resources
- social enterprise
- tech start-ups
- multinational companies.
To prepare you for the job market, you complete a domestic or international internship as part of the degree, giving you practical work experience in applying your skills and knowledge.
What the students say
Wondering what it's like to study this course? Read what our students have to say about it:
Global Studies allows you to learn a language, study abroad on exchange, and complete an internship. These opportunities in the degree make you stand out as a workplace-ready graduate with international experience.
Bachelor of Global Studies (Legal Studies) / Diploma in Languages (Mandarin) student
Editorial & Research Assistant at International Centre for Democratic Partnerships
The practical assignments and internship were a major factor for my selection of the UTS Bachelor of Global Studies over other international studies degrees offered at other universities. I enjoyed the practical assignments as they brought a ‘real-life’ element to the degree, which not only expanded my knowledge but also taught me practical skills that prepared me for the realities of the workforce.
Bachelor of Global Studies (Legal Studies) alumna
Graduate Consultant, Elton Consulting
- UTS Student Centre: 1300 275 887
- Course Coordinator, Dr Ann El Khoury