Access Journalism and its impact on Investigative Journalism
This event brings together five of Australia’s top investigative journalists to discuss the growing influence of “access journalism”.
The basis of the discussion is Professor Peter Manning’s research which appears to show that access journalism is being used to demonise China (amongst other nations and people) in Australia.
Moderated by Professor Peter Manning.
- Kate McClymont – Fairfax Media
- Marian Wilkinson – former Four Corners, ABC TV
- Quentin Dempster – former host 7.30 report NSW
- Chris Masters – author and former Four Corners reporter
- Brian Toohey - columnist and feature writer for The Australian Financial Review, and columnist for The West Australian and The Canberra Times