Driving Disability Employment
Hosted by UTS and JobAccess
With over two million Australians of working age living with disability, more and more smart businesses see the strong case for inclusive employment practices to meet their business needs.
Find out more about the benefits of employing people with disability at this free seminar:
• Learn how employing people with disability is low risk and high return
• Understand how Australian Government support services work
• Meet people who live and work with disability
• Experience new learning opportunities with technology
• Gather examples of good practice to take back to your workplace
• Connect with the people and services that can help you on your way
This interactive session will include presentations, panel discussions and opportunities for networking.
Guest speakers include:
• Verity Firth, Executive Director, Social Justice, Equity and Diversity Unit, UTS
• Graeme Innes, AM, Australian Company Director, Lawyer and Australia's Disability Discrimination Commissioner from December 2005 to July 2014
• Professor Simon Darcy, Management Discipline Group, UTS Business School
• Ritchie Djamhur, Head Of Sales, Learning and Culture at Bing Lee Electronics
• Stephen Rutter, Manager, Business Practice Unit, UTS Business School
• Helen Green, Director, Disability Employment Services Support Programmes and Employer Engagement, Department of Social Services
Date: Wednesday 22 February 2017
Timing: Seminar - 2pm to 4.30pm (1:45pm arrival for a 2pm start)
Networking – 4.30pm to 5pm (light refreshments will be provided)
Location: UTS Business School, Dr Chau Chak Wing Building
Level 3, Collaborative Theatre
RSVP here by 14 February.
Diversity Week 2016
A week of free events that celebrate the diversity of our campus community!
* Staff training: Breaking the binary
* Batyr session
* Film screening: Chasing Asylum
* Social justice markets
* Lunchtime talk: Gender identity.
* Wheelchair quidditch
* Indigenous art tour