On This Page
UTS has over 3000 staff with a strong commitment to our friendly, collaborative and equitable culture. We are passionate about our commitment to learning and innovation that is relevant to today's world, and benefits local and international communities.
We have a strong culture of:
- performance excellence demonstrated through high international rankings
- social justice, equity and respect for diversity. Reflected in how we do our work, our diverse staff and students, our inclusive teaching and learning, and our engagement with the wider community
- developing our staff and offering a comprehensive range of professional and career development activities, including an attractive study support scheme
- recognition and rewards to our staff for high performance in researching, teaching and learning, human rights and professional excellence.
Our values guide our performance and interactions with each other, with students, our partners and the wider community:
- Discover and share new knowledge and new ways to lead through our teaching, research, intellectual debate and use of technology.
- Engage and collaborate with each other, our students, alumni, partners, professions and communities, locally and internationally.
- Empower each other and our students to grow, contribute, challenge and make a difference.
- Deliver on our obligations to each other, our students, our partners and communities while maintaining high standards and ethical behaviour.
- Sustain our local and global environment, organisational health and our ability to create a positive, viable future.