Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Scholarship (External)
The Scholarship aims to assist academically outstanding but disadvantaged students, from a rural or regional area, who have been offered a full-time place at an Australian university or college for the first time.
Value and duration
Award values remain at the discretion of the special Committee. Award value is $5,000 (per annum) based on previous years.
The duration of the scholarship is one year initially, but may be awarded for up to two years (dependent upon academic performance).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident from a rural or regional location
- first year undergraduate in 2017 (first attendance at an Australian university)
- studying full-time in 2017 (in an approved Australian course)
- graduated from secondary school in either 2016 or in 2015 (taken a gap year)
- demonstration of the disadvantage (economic and/or social) hindering further study
- outstanding academic achievement and community involvement
Course area(s)All courses.
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be assessed on academic achievement, demonstrated disadvantage and community contribution.
Applications for 2017 will open from 1 December 2016 to 27 January 2017. Students can register their interest prior to the application start date at: http://www.bendigobank.com.au/public/community/scholarships/2017-scholarships.
Opening date: 01 December 2016
Closing date: 27 January 2017
For further information contact
Phone: 1300 304 541