Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF) – University of Technology (UTS) Scholarship
To provide support for Indigenous students with accommodation and living expenses and thereby enable Recipients to complete undergraduate or postgraduate study at UTS.
Value and duration
The Scholarship covers the accommodation costs for each Recipient while living in a UTS Housing Residence (or recognised partner residence). The Recipient will also receive a $5,000 living allowance per year.
The duration of the Scholarship is dependent on the standard full-time duration of the Recipient's degree, remaining at the time of award and ongoing satisfaction of the Eligibility Criteria and the Scholarship Conditions as defined in the Conditions of Award.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Be eligible for and in receipt of ABSTUDY, unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- Be an AIEF Alum (having successfully completed Year 12 at an AIEF Partner School) unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- Require financial assistance to reside at a UTS Housing Service Residence, as assessed by UTS; and
- Not (and will not be) in receipt of any other scholarship, cadetship, internship, employment, careers support or similar unless otherwise agreed by AIEF (including any other AIEF Tertiary Scholarship); and
- Be enthusiastic about the educational opportunity offered by UTS and supportive of the objectives of AIEF and the Scholarship; and
- Commit to participating in relevant AIEF Pathways Program activities and AIEF events and not participate in similar activities arranged by any other program or organisation, unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and
- Not be an employee of AIEF whilst in receipt of the Scholarship, unless otherwise agreed by AIEF; and,/li>
- All applicants must submit a completed AIEF-UTS Scholarship Application Form; and
- Must apply using the UTS online Scholarship application form.
Course area(s)All courses.
- Involvement in extra-curricular and non-academic activities, particularly those that promote leadership qualities.
- Motivation to succeed in your studies at UTS and achieve career and professional goals
- Ability to show initiative in order to overcome challenges
- Commitment to indigenous culture and the community.
- That being a recipient of the AIEF-UTS Scholarship will help you achieve your full potential.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full conditions of the Scholarship.
How to apply
Applications are currently open.
To apply for this Scholarship please complete the online AIEF Scholarship Application Form.
Opening date: 24 January 2017
Closing date: 31 December 2017
For further information contactUTS Scholarships Office
Phone: (02) 9514 2527