Western Earthmoving Scholarship for Construction and Engineering
Western Earthmoving (WEM) Scholarship for Construction and Engineering at UTS aims to support a broad range of students in the Engineering and Construction disciplines, and engage students to deepen their understanding and experience of the work of WEM and its impact in the development industry.
The Scholarship is open to applicants annually, offering Construction and Engineering students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies as well as paid work placement with WEM.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of this Scholarship.
Value and duration
This Scholarship is valued at $10,000 which is paid in two equal installments over a one year period.
The Recipient will have an opportunity to undertake a paid work placement at WEM, which is to take place at a mutually convenient time and as arranged between the Recipient and WEM. Commencement of the work placement will be between the recipient and WEM and will ordinarily take place in the year following the receipt of the Scholarship.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Enrolled in the first or second year of a UTS:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Practice course (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- combined Bachelor of Engineering course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course.
- Satisfactory academic progression - the Recipient must have achieved a minimum Pass average (WAM) in their first year of study (applicable for continuing students only).
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
Applications of eligible candidates will be presented to a Scholarship Selection Committee (Committee), which will undertake the selection of Recipient, usually in April.
Shortlisted applicants are interviewed and selected based on selection criteria as described below:
- Motivation and interest in the UTS course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement at WEM, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Personal experience and achievement, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Alignment of the values and goals with those of WEM, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for the 2017 Western Earthmoving Scholarship for Construction and Engineering will open in February. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 22 February 2017
Closing date: 29 March 2017