Ericsson Scholarship for Women in ICT and Engineering
The Ericsson Scholarship for Women in ICT and Engineering was created to deepen and broaden Ericsson Australia's pool of technology talent by encouraging greater female participation in their workforce.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
Recipient/s enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology will:
- Receive up to $39,000 per year for the Scholarship's maximum duration . The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $39,000 per Recipient.
- Be required to undertake an internship for a minimum of twelve (12) months.
Recipient/s enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering with a major in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) Engineering will:
- Receive up to $24,000 per year for the Scholarship's maximum duration. The maximum total value of the Scholarship is $24,000 per Recipient.
- Be required to undertake an internship for a minimum of six (6) months.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be Female; and
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Have successfully completed 48 credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application; and
- Achieved a Credit Average/Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 or above, with no fails; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in one of the specified UTS undergraduate degrees and relevant majors:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Diploma in IT Professional Practice
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering Diploma in Engineering Practice and major in ICT Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice and major in ICT Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation and major in ICT Engineering.
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
Shortlisted applicants are interviewed and selected based on the below selection criteria.
- Motivation to pursue a career in technology using innovative thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview
- Academic merit (based on WAM)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview. Applicants who do not attend the interview will not be considered for the Scholarship.
Opening date: 25 July 2016
Closing date: 20 November 2016
For further information contact
UTS: Engineering and IT Outreach Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2666