John Hughes Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2009 in memory of UTS staff member and respected IT academic, John Hughes, this scholarship is supported by donations from The Australian Computer Society, Codesmiths, UTS alumni and staff.
The objective of this scholarship is to help students in need by providing funds in support of study related costs and materials and/or assistance with living expenses.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
The maximum total value is $2,500 per year (one session only).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply you must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Completed at least one session(equivalent to 24 credit points) of one of the following UTS courses, with a credit average and no fails:
- C10148 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology;
- C10152 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice;
- C10239 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Arts in International Studies;
- C10245 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Bachelor of Laws;
- C09067 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice, majoring in Data Engineering;
- C09067 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice, majoring in Software Engineering;
- C09119 Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours); and
- Continued full-time or part-time enrolment in one of the above four courses; and
- Able to demonstrate financial disadvantage through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship application.
- Financial disadvantage;
- Academic merit (WAM) based on UTS results;
- Initiative in personal and professional life as demonstrated through the Scholarship application.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed..
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 20 June 2017
Closing date: 14 August 2017