Cox Architecture Scholarship
The aim of the Cox Architecture Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence in the Bachelor of Design in Architecture degree and to provide the opportunity for a student to gain insight into the day-to-day operation of the architectural profession.
The Scholarship is open to applicants annually, offering senior Architecture students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies as well as paid work placement with Cox Architecture.
Please read the Conditions of Award for the full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
This Scholarship is valued at $5,000 which is paid in two equal instalments over a one year period.
The recipient will also receive the opportunity to undertake a six (6) month paid work placement at Cox Architecture, which is to take place at a mutually convenient time and as arranged between the Recipient and Cox Architecture, usually in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Will be for a minimum of six (6) months; and
- Will ordinarily involve two (2) days per week during session/s and up to five (5) days during session breaks.
Who is eligible?
- Be enrolling full-time in a UTS:
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture; or
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation; and
- Have successfully completed 96 credit points or greater in their course at the time of the scholarship application; and
- Be Australian citizens, or holders of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Have achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 80 or above, with no fails; and
- submit an extended curriculum vitae; and
- submit a digital portfolio (max 3mb) of 6 x A4 landscape pages including:
- five pages of digital files of scans and/or photographs (compressed jpegs for web viewing) of original design work appropriate to the course
- one page written submission (150-200 words) that selects and identifies one of the submitted pieces of work, addressing the aims of the work and why it succeeded
Shortlisted applicants must be available to attend an interview.
Applicants will be assessed on the following selection criteria.
- Alignment of values, goals and culture with those of Cox Architecture
- Academic Merit
- Knowledge of Architecture, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Motivation and interest in the UTS Architecture course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement at Cox Architecture, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application
- Personal experience and achievement, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application process.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for 2017 will open shortly. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 01 November 2016
Closing date: 03 April 2017