CallidusCloud Scholarship in Information Technology
The CallidusCloud Scholarship in Information Technology was established to provide support for undergraduate students studying Information Technology. The Scholarship will provide financial assistance for the first year of study in their chosen undergraduate Information Technology degree.
The Scholarship is open to applicants commencing the first year of their undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice course, including Information Technology combined degrees, or students undertaking a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice majoring in ICT, Software or Data Engineering.
It is open to both current and non-current school leavers.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
This Scholarship is valued at $7,700 which is paid in two equal installments over a one year period
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- A current or non-current school leaver with an ATAR (or equivalent) of 80 or above, excluding bonus points; and
- Apply through UAC for an Equity Scholarship or the Educational Access Scheme and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage and/or other educational barriers; and
- Commencing their first year of a:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice or combined Information Technology degree;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice majoring in ICT Engineering;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice, majoring in Data Engineering;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice, majoring in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours); and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Academic Merit.
- Financial disadvantage
- Other equity circumstances as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme application may be taken into consideration. Applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage and/or financial hardship due to any of the following will be considered:
- Long-term medical condition / disability or ongoing effect of abuse
- Carer responsibilities
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Refugee Status Difficult family circumstances Rural or Remote background
- Indigenous Australian
- Disadvantaged School
- Interest in Information Technology and motivation to succeed in their chosen Information Technology or Engineering course, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application.
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Alignment of values and goals with those of CallidusCloud through majoring or intended major in Computing and Data Analytics, Enterprise Systems Development, or Internetworking and Applications, or ICT Engineering or Software and Data Engineering as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
When applying through UAC for an Equity Scholarships, Family Tax Benefit will not be considered as demonstrative of financial hardship. Only applicants receiving a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or demonstrating exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence will be considered.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to apply to Centrelink (or make a claim) for the Youth Allowance/Abstudy or other Centrelink benefit applicable to you. Your application may still be considered for these Equity Scholarships once you have provided evidence of a Centrelink (or other Commonwealth) means-tested income support payment (such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy) on the basis of your previously submitted application for the 2016 -17 period.Steps to update your details:
- Apply for a means-tested income support payment (such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy) via Centrelink - click on `Register' online. Centrelink will provide you with your own Centrelink Reference Number (CRN)
- For applicants who applied for an Information Technology Equity Scholarships through the UAC Equity Scholarship:
- Go to Equity Scholarships Applicant Services at uac.edu.au/equity to add your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) to your existing 2016 - 17 UAC Equity Scholarship application;
- For applicants who applied for the UAC Educational Access Scheme:
- Please apply for a UAC Equity Scholarship with your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN). Apply at uac.edu.au/equity/
- You must submit or update your details on UAC website by the closing date.
Applications for this scholarship are currently closed.
Applications for this Scholarship open progressively from the 1st of November each year. Information on How to Apply will be available during the application period.
Opening date: 10 January 2017
Closing date: 06 March 2017
For further information contact
UTS Scholarships Office Phone: +61 2 9514 2527 Email: email@example.com CallidusCloud website: CallidusCloud.com