Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program
The Bachelor of Information Technology is a cooperative education program between the University and sponsoring organisations.
The aim of the program is to produce graduates who will become leaders in information technology in Australian organisations.
The focus of the graduate's education is in computer-based information systems, with a strong practical flavour. The periods of industry based learning are key to the development of the graduate's skills. The graduates will also be well versed in business principles and practice, as well as the fundamentals of information technology.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship.
Value and duration
This Scholarship offers financial support to a maximum of $49,500 to be paid over 3 years. Each Recipient also undertakes an industry placement during first year (second session) and third year (fifth session)
Who is eligible?
Applicants must be/have:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Current School Leavers or Non-Current School Leavers; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in a UTS Bachelor of Information Technology undergraduate degree, which is their first undergraduate degree; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS BIT online Scholarship application form to be eligible; and
- Apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for admission into the Bachelor of Information Technology.
- It is expected that students will achieve an ATAR of around 90 or higher. The Faculty may consider applicants whose ATAR falls in the range of 85 to 99.50 depending on the quality of their application and interview.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that personally attend an interview.
- Suitability for admission into the Bachelor of Information Technology as demonstrated by the application and interview.
- Academic merit (ATAR)
The course is 3 years full-time including two separate industry semesters with sponsor organisations.
Applications for this Scholarship are open from 27th February to the 3rd September 2017. For information and to apply for the Bachelor of Information Technology course please visit the BIT Co-Op page.