Date: 19 July 2017
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $600.00 (GST Free)
This one-day course is designed to provide participants with training in reading and interpreting the various types of plans used in planning departments in local government. The course will draw on a variety of teaching methods and many practical workshops to provide hands-on experience in reading, measuring and drawing plans. At the end of the session the learner should be capable and confident in reading and interpreting a variety of plans relevant to local government.
Download course flyer (pdf, 1,549kb)
Who should attend?
- Council customer service staff
- Administration staff
- Trainee and Graduate Planners & Building Surveyors
- Any local government employee including Planners and Building Surveyors who would like to refine their plan reading skills
- The importance of plan reading & correct terminology
- Interpreting plan scales
- Understanding contours
- Interpreting site plans, floor plans, elevations plans, section plans etc.
- Subdivision plans and 88b instruments
- Interpreting overshadowing diagrams
- Reading specialised plans: engineering details and bushfire plans
- Workshops to allow students to develop skills through practical examples
At the end of the session, the learner should become capable and confident in reading and interpreting a variety of plans relevant to Local Government.
About the Presenters
Stephen Krimmer is an Accredited Certifier and Supervisor Certification with over thirteen years of local government experience, with a specific focus on swimming pool assessment, inspections and education. Stephen provides engaging swimming pool training courses to assist both local government organisations and accredited certifiers.
Craig Squires is an Environmental Health and Building Surveyor with almost twenty years of experience in local government. He has taught at the University of Western Sydney and at TAFE and works at Penrith City Council.
Standard Fee - $600.00 (GST Free)
How to book:
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact Hannah Fryatt on +61 (02) 9514 4738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.