UTS:IPPG and UTS:CLG work collaboratively with you to create solutions for current and future challenges. Based at the University of Technology Sydney, we work with federal, state, territory and local governments, non-government organisations and industry around Australia and internationally.
Our consultancy services drive innovative and consultative approaches and are responsive to the changing needs of our clients.
Our areas of expertise
- Public Policy – a diverse range of policy topics including social policy, housing policy and local and regional development policy.
- Community Development and Social Impact – participatory democracy, community mobilisation, grassroots governance, co-design of policies and co-production of services, urban renewal and urban regeneration.
- Local Government – service delivery reviews; strategic planning; community engagement and stakeholder consultation; environmental management; social planning; the nature, role and effectiveness of local government; national and international comparative local government practice; local government in developing countries; and local government and economic development;
- Intergovernmental Relations, Governance and Partnerships – multi-level governance; metropolitan reforms and metropolitan governance; rescaling the state; public-private partnerships; institutional restructuring; strategic collaboration, cross-border alliances and growth coalitions.
- Urban Studies, Housing Studies and Urban Planning – new urban trends and challenges arising from contemporary patterns of urbanisation, including the implications for urban theory, urban policy, urban politics, urban marginality and urban political economy.
- Organisational Ethics and the Public Sector – governance and oversight; ethical theorising; and the public sector and codes of conduct.