The UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG) and the UTS Centre for Local Government (CLG) work collaboratively with you to create solutions for current and future challenges. Based at the University of Technology Sydney, we work with federal, state, territory and local governments, non-government organisations and industry around Australia and internationally.
Our consultancy services drive innovative and consultative approaches and are responsive to the changing needs of our clients.
Our areas of expertise
- Public Policy – a diverse range of policy topics including social policy, housing policy and local and regional development policy.
- Community Development and Social Impact – participatory democracy, community mobilisation, grassroots governance, co-design of policies and co-production of services, urban renewal and urban regeneration.
- Local Government – service delivery reviews; strategic planning; community engagement and stakeholder consultation; environmental management; social planning; the nature, role and effectiveness of local government; national and international comparative local government practice; local government in developing countries; and local government and economic development;
- Intergovernmental Relations, Governance and Partnerships – multi-level governance; metropolitan reforms and metropolitan governance; rescaling the state; public-private partnerships; institutional restructuring; strategic collaboration, cross-border alliances and growth coalitions.
- Urban Studies, Housing Studies and Urban Planning – new urban trends and challenges arising from contemporary patterns of urbanisation, including the implications for urban theory, urban policy, urban politics, urban marginality and urban political economy.
- Organisational Ethics and the Public Sector – governance and oversight; ethical theorising; and the public sector and codes of conduct.