On This Page
For the Coffee Drinkers
- Mecca Cafe located on Harris Street is a Law Faculty favourite & a must try for the coffee enthusiast.
- Bills Cafe is in Surry Hills (& Bondi) & offers great coffee paired with lazy brunches & the occasional celebrity spotting
- Single Origin, also located in Surry Hills is a hub of coffee lovers
- Rueben Hills Cafe is located just behind Central Station, offering a diverse menu & delicious coffee
Where to eat
Surry Hills is out main pick for a guaranteed good meal in Sydney! Offering a range of fantastic restaurants, you're definitely never left wondering.
- Porteno is for the meat lovers. Make sure you get there early to soak in all the atmosphere
- Red Lantern is the most awarded vietnamese restaurant in the world - definitely worth if for those with the taste!
- Mah Jong serves healthy home-style cantonese food on traditional Chinese wooden mahjong tables - bringing family & friends together through China's 2 favourite past times: eating & games.
- Berta is for the Italian enthusiasts who want to experience classic wines & regional cuisine
- Ester is located in Chippendale & offers diners eclectic dishes with a wood-fired oven
- Central Park (across the road from the UTS Tower) offers a number of restaurants including Din Tai Fung & Ippudo
- Bloodwood and Russo & Russo are located in Newtown & Enmore respectively, easy to get to by catching any of the 42# buses
- Moon Park in Redfern offers delicious contemporary Koren food
- Sydney Fish Markets are also a must for the seafood lover, located in Pyrmont this spot is great for a range of foods in a lovely location
Restaurants worth making the trip
- Bennelong Restaurant at the Opera House has just re-opened & is a fantastic spot for food & drinks in the heart of Sydney
- The Theatre Bar at the End of the Wharf is part of the Sydney Theatre Company & offers fantastic views & delicious food
- Cafe Sopra is just next to The Theatre Bar at the End of the Wharf & offers fantastic italian
- Pavilion at Coogee Beach has excellent food & rooftop bar for the beach lovers
- Icebergs in Bondi offers an unparralelled view of the beach & ocean with different dining options to suit everyone
- Pilu in Freshwater has incredible italian food with superb views of the beach - definitely worth the trip