The Australian Centre for Event Management (ACEM), in association with the Management Discipline Group at UTS Business School conducts Australia's widest range of event management courses from 1-day professional development seminars, 4-day executive courses, Undergraduate studies to Masters degree programs.
Students undertaking these courses often have prior experience in the area of event management, and are seeking to further develop this expertise through undertaking internships, work experience or volunteer work placements. Such workplace based learning practices, while of benefit to students, also provides organisations with the opportunity to progress specific projects, or engage additional 'staff' who have a measure of expertise in the planning and delivery of events.
ACEM makes details of employment opportunities available to students through the following channels:
- The Australian Centre for Event Management (ACEM) monthly newsletter - circulated every mid-month
- A post on the Australian Centre for Event Management Facebook page (optional)
- UTS Event Management students – via posting on the internal student intranet - all UTS Management Discipline Group students have access to this advertisement (optional)
All information must be sent in a Word doc or PDF format, web links are also accepted.
Please ensure that your notice covers the following points:
- Who you are? eg company name, what do you do?
- What is your event? What is it promoting? When is it being held?
- When do you need your volunteers for and how long? Include dates and approximate times etc.
- What duties will the volunteers be doing?
- Is there an application form for them to complete? – if so, please provide a website link
- Is there an application closing date?
- Who do the students reply to and who can they contact for further information?
Such notices can be emailed to email@example.com
Once we have published your request a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Please make sure that you give at least a four week lead time to the date of your event.
ACEM does not accept any liabilities for any loss, damage, cost or expense you or others might incur as a result of the information, advice or volunteering opportunities provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference. ACEM is not responsible for the operations or conduct of volunteers or organisations using this service.