UTS site search

Applying to UTS

Accepting and deferring

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study Higher Degree by Research at UTS!

This information on how to accept an offer is for domestic students only. International students must refer to the international student section. Visiting research students must refer to the visiting research student section.

How to accept your offer

Domestic students will receive supplementary information on how to accept their offer and enrol at the time of receiving their offer letter. The steps are outlined in the supplementary information and students must follow these steps carefully.

How to defer your offer

In some cases you may apply for deferment if you are unable to commence your study in the coming session. Higher Degree by Research students are only permitted to defer for 6 or 12 months and only for a maximum of period of one year. If you are not able to commence after the one year deferment period you will need to submit a new application to the Graduate Research School. The same application process will apply. The new offer will be subject to the entry requirements and fees applicable to the new intake. If your request for deferment is approved you will receive a new offer letter closer to the commencement of the deferred session. You will not have to reapply to UTS. Your offer will lapse if you enrol in a full award course at any other tertiary institution during the next 12 months.

If you wish to be considered for a competitive scholarship as a deferring student, please complete theĀ GRS Scholarship Application for Deferring Students form and submit it by the relevant deadline as listed on the form.

Please contact the Graduate Research School if you have queries regarding your offer.