UTS is committed to purchasing environmentally and socially responsible products and services. We strive to:
- Reduce demand and avoid unnecessary procurement
- Source environmentally and socially responsible products and services
- Assess the sustainability of suppliers
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to source greener products
- Consider whole-of-life impacts.
Staff needing assistance with sustainable procurement should contact UTS strategic procurement.
What you can do
- Choose green stationary products such as items with recycled content, non-toxic, recycled paper, etc. On campus the ActivateUTS stationary outlets have a wide range.
Choose pre-loved books from the UTS Students' Association Second Hand Text Bookshop – save money, trees, and help reduce waste.
- Look for local, organic and/or Fairtrade food from campus suppliers including the Broadway Food Co-op and ActivateUTS.
- Look for eco-labels such as Good Environmental Choice Australia.
- Avoid styrofoam packaging for take-away food and drinks.
- Consider borrowing, renting or sharing items you only need occasionaly.
Running an event?
See our green event guides: