On This Page
The HSC Tutorial Scheme offers free tutoring to Year 11 and 12 students attending selected U @ Uni partner schools covering HSC subject areas such as Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History and Business Studies. The program also aims to increase HSC student aspirations for tertiary education.
Students are nominated by the schools themselves and UTS students are recruited and trained to support the teachers and to provide academic assistance. Tutoring sessions run in blocks of 4-6 weeks across the calendar year throughout Terms 1-4.
For more information about the U@Uni HSC Tutorial Scheme, contact Michael Ormsby.
E: Michael.Ormsby@uts.edu.au T: 9514 7821
Students in Year 11 and 12 from partner schools are invited to attend a variety of workshops held on campus at UTS during school holidays. Designed to give students an insight into university, the programs offer students the opportunity to have hands on, interactive experiences working with UTS academics, students and resources as well as industry experts.
April School Holidays
- U@Uni Day An opportunity for students in Year 10, 11 and 12 to get a taste of UTS study and build their own timetable for a day, choosing from almost 20 workshops across 10 faculties.
- U@Uni Industry and Careers Students will speak with UTS experts across our UTS faculties to get all the info they need about courses. They’ll also take part in one of three panel discussions with working professionals in industries such as health, communication, business and more.
July School Holidays
- U@Uni Social Impact Challenge Students will work in transdisciplinary teams to build solutions to real life problems. Using the UN Global Goals students will work alongside UTS students and academic experts to build projects to tackle some of our planets biggest challenges!
September School Holidays
- U@Uni Sustainability Challenge Zombies have taken over the earth! Students will need to work with one of six subject areas on real life sustainability issues to build a viable community and ensure the survival of the human race!
Other on campus opportunities
- Open Day It’s the biggest day on the UTS calendar! Students, family and friends are invited along to our campus to experience what UTS has to offer. There will be tours available and a session specifically for Year 12 U@Uni program participants where you can gain extra insight into pathways, course options, scholarships and support at UTS.
- HSC in the Holidays Opportunities for students to take part in the HSC in the Holidays program free of charge. See link for more information: HSC In The Holidays (opens external site)
- U@Uni School Leavers After receiving an ATAR and university offers, students are invited to hear about support options available to help them through their first year at university.
For more information on what activities are availble to your school, visit the Schools Outreach page for opportunities open to all schools.
For more information about the U@Uni Workshops, contact Lisa Aitken
E: Lisa.Aitken@uts.edu.au T: 9514 1134
Held every January school holidays, the flagship U @ Uni Summer School program offers Year 11 students from U @ Uni partner schools the chance to attend intensive two-week summer schools in subject areas like media production, business, engineering and information technology, design, health and science investigation.
Following the Summer School, students are invited back for a range of follow up workshops and events during Years 11 & 12.
The program aims to boost enthusiasm for HSC study and beyond, demystify university, build interpersonal skills and raise personal aspirations. By studying on campus with university staff and students, school students experience the university environment first-hand and build their confidence for learning and solving problems in a team environment.
The program is open to students from partner U @ Uni schools as well as Indigenous students who may come from any school in NSW. Recruitment begins in July and closes in September each year.
For more information about Summer School, contact Cassie Willis.
E: email@example.com T: 9514 1084