UTS site search

Essential information

Uni fees

All universities charge tuition fees depending on what course you are studying and what subjects you choose to do within that course.

Commonwealth Supported Places

Commonwealth supported places (CSP) are available to all commencing domestic students.

A CSP means the federal government pays most of your tuition fees. While you don’t need to pay back these fees, you do need to pay the remaining balance known as the student contribution.

Student contributions

It is important to remember that your student contribution is calculated by subject, not just by course.

Subjects are split into three bands:

  • Band 1;
  • Band 2; and
  • Band 3.

Each band will vary in cost per subject.

For example, if you study a combined degree, you will pay according to which band each of your subjects belong to.