On This Page
Student life at UTS offers a wealth of opportunities beyond the classroom, giving you the chance to:
- network with people from all walks of life
- have fun on campus
- add new skills and experience to your resume
ActivateUTS is responsible for all things social at UTS, running services such as:
- more than 100 social and sporting clubs and societies
- a diverse live entertainment and events calendar
- food and drink outlets
- retail outlets including a newsagency and art supplies shop
- sport and fitness amenities, including a fully equipped gym
Some of Australia's most exciting talent has performed at UTS. The City campus bars - the Glasshouse and the Loft - offer live music as well as weekly entertainment activities. They are great spots to hang out with friends in between classes.
There are loads of events held on campus throughout the year, including: art exhibitions, band competitions, outdoor cinema screenings and Fair Day.
UTS art gallery
UTS Gallery and Art Collection presents innovative work by professional practitioners based locally, nationally and internationally.
Day in the life of an international student
Watch a day in the life of UTS International student Mellisa Soesanto
The UTS Students’ Association (SA) is run by students, for students. It gives you the opportunity to join in, get active and speak about what you believe in at UTS.
There are loads of ways to get involved, including:
- being elected to the Student Representative Council, and helping to run the Students' Association
- writing, editing, designing and publishing Vertigo - the UTS student magazine
- becoming an advocate for other students, by becoming the ATSIC, ethnic affairs, environmental, overseas students, sexuality or special needs officer
Join a collective
There’s opportunity to get involved in campaigns for student rights, as well as wider social, political and environmental issues. Join an SA collective like:
- the Education Action Group
- the Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander Collective
- the OUTS collective (for lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people at UTS)
- the Ethno-Cultural Collective
- the Women's Action Collective
You can also volunteer at Radio 2SER, Sydney's most dynamic independent radio station, run by students and broadcasting from UTS City campus.