On This Page
There is an increasing demand for environmental professionals with Contaminated Site Assessment, Remediation and Management (CSARM) experience. It is a complex field of environmental management and, with the support of NSW Environmental Protection Agency (NSW EPA) and industry consultants, UTS Science School of Life Sciences has developed a program of short course modules to help environmental professionals update their specific area of expertise, extend their knowledge base and network with colleagues in industry and government.
Commencing in February 2017, each module runs for between 2 1/2 and 3 days and includes a mixture of seminars, site visits and workshops to provide a flexible and interactive learning program.
The modules address EPA and NEPM guidelines and new legislation as well as the requirements for consultant certification.
- Environmental scientists, engineers, managers and consultants wanting to take their career to the next level
- Professionals aspiring to become a site auditor, or certified environmental consultant, as part of their career development
- Environmental engineers, environmental health and planning officers from all levels of government as well as occupational hygienists
- Environmental consulting firms wanting further training in CSARM for their recent graduates
- Science and engineering graduates looking to transfer their skills and experience to the field of CSARM
- Environmental professionals considering a postgraduate qualification
The presenters include regulators from NSW EPA; academic specialists, contaminated site auditors and professionals and experts in environmental law.
|Module A: Ground Rules for Contaminated Sites||22 – 24 February 2017|
|Module B: Effective Site Assessment||26 – 28 April 2017|
|Module C & D: Assessment of Contaminants of Concern||14 – 16 June 2017|
|Module E: Risk-based Site Assessment||13 – 15 September 2017|
|Module F: Remediation Principles and Closure||8 – 10 November 2017|
Faculty of Science
Corner of Harris St and Thomas St
Ultimo NSW 2007
AUD$1,600 each module (inclusive of GST) per-person.
AUD$1,450 for early bird registration, group registration and members of professional societies.
AUD$1,390 for two or more modules booked at the same time and for UTS Alumni.
Note: Early bird registration closes approximately 3 weeks prior to the commencement of each course. Group registrations are for the registration of 2 staff members from the same organisation. UTS: Alumni maybe asked to produce their previous UTS student ID.
For further assistance please contact:
Dr Alex Pulkownik
Course Coordinator, School of Life Sciences
Phone: +61 2 9514 4035