On This Page
There is an increasing demand for environmental professionals with Contaminated Site Assessment, Remediation and Management (CSARM) experience. It is a complex field of environmental management and, with the support of NSW Environmental Protection Agency (NSW EPA) and industry consultants, UTS Science School of Life Sciences has developed a program of short course modules to help environmental professionals update their specific area of expertise, extend their knowledge base and network with colleagues in industry and government.
Commencing in February 2016 each module runs for between 2 1/2 and 3 days and includes a mixture of seminars, site visits and workshops to provide a flexible and interactive learning program.
All modules have been updated to reflect NEPM and include insight into application of the guidelines including competency standards.
Download the CSARM Short Course Program 2016 (PDF, 424kB)
- Environmental scientists, engineers, managers and consultants wanting to take their career to the next level
- Professionals aspiring to become a site auditor, or accredited environmental consultant, as part of their career development
- Environmental engineers, environmental officers from all levels of government
- Overseas trained or interstate environmental professionals looking to practice in NSW
- Environmental consulting firms wanting further training in CSARM for their recent graduates
- Science and engineering graduates looking to transfer their skills and experience to the field of CSARM
- Environmental professionals considering a postgraduate qualification
The presenters include regulators from NSW EPA; academic specialists, contaminated site auditors and professionals and experts in environmental law.
|Module A: Ground Rules for Contaminated Sites||24 – 26 February 2016|
|Module B: Effective Site Assessment||27 – 29 April 2016|
|Module C & D: Assessment of Contaminants of Concern||22 – 24 June 2016|
|Module E: Risk-based Site Assessment||14 – 16 September 2016|
|Module F: Remediation Principles and Closure||9 – 11 November 2016|
Building 4, level 6, room CB04.05.430
Faculty of Science
Corner of Harris St and Thomas St
Ultimo NSW 2007
AUD$1,550 each module (inclusive of GST) per-person.
AUD$1,400 for early bird registration, group registration and members of professional societies.
AUD$1,350 for two or more modules booked at the same time and for UTS Alumni.
Note: Early bird registration closes approximately 3 weeks prior to the commencement of each course. Group registrations are for the registration of 2 staff members from the same organisation. UTS: Alumni maybe asked to produce their previous UTS student ID.
For further assistance please contact:
Project Officer, School of Life Sciences
Phone: +61 2 9514 1766