On This Page
- If you possess an assessable qualification undertaken in English from a country listed by UTS, you satisfy the UTS Study Abroad and Exchange English language admission requirement.
- If your previous education was taught in English but not in a country listed above;
you must have successfully completed no less than the equivalent of one year full-time study taught in English at a UTS recognised institution and the course of study is equivalent to the level of Australian Year 12 or higher. To satisfy the requirement, provide an official document from your institution certifying that the medium of instruction for your study was in English.
- If your previous education was not conducted in English;
you are required to demonstrate proficiency in English by completing a recognised English language test and have achieved the required minimum scores (see table below). English language proficiency test scores are recognised by UTS provided they were obtained less than two years prior to application at UTS.
- If you are from Austria, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland: You are eligible to apply for an alternative means of language assessment using the UTS English Language Proficiency Assessment form (PDF, 166kB). Students admitted using this assessment method may be required to complete a subject in English for Academic Purposes during their first semester at UTS.
- If you are from Austria, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland: Special consideration for English language requirements will be given if you have completed Advanced Level high school English studies and achieved a high school English mark equal to or greater than 75%. If you have achieved these English results you are not required to provide an English language test result. Please provide a certified copy of your final high school grades with your Study Abroad application.
Most programs (except below)*
58 - 64
176 - 184
|All Teacher Education, Pharmacy|
94 – 101 overall,
584 – 609 overall,
|65 - 72||191 - 199|
Engineering & IT undergraduate programs**
50 - 57
169 - 175
Australian Language and Culture Studies
35 and above,
|155 - 162|
* For all visiting research students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about entry requirements.
** Students undertaking subjects from more than one faculty are only required to meet the lowest minimum entry score. For example, if you take a Communication and Engineering subject, you only need to meet the Engineering entry score.
You are required to submit results from an English language test or program to satisfy the UTS English language proficiency requirement for the course you are applying.