On This Page
UTS:Information Technology students have access to a range of scholarships. Whether you wish to develop your potential as a future leader in information technology (IT) by taking advantage of UTS partnerships with the IT industry, or you need financial support as a result of hardship or disadvantage, the University is committed to supporting you wherever possible.
You will have the opportunity to meet industry leaders early in your career, develop a professional network, and gain real-world experience through the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-operative Scholarship Program.
You could be provided with financial support if you are receiving a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or are able to demonstrate exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence. Low income scholarships might preference applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage. Equity scholarships might also be available on the basis of financial hardship (see next section).
The following financial need scholarships are available to IT students:
- CallidusCloud Scholarship in Information Technology
- Intech Credit Union Scholarship in Information Technology
You could be provided with financial support if you have experienced long-term educational disadvantage arising from any of the following circumstances:
- Personal illness, an ongoing medical condition or disability
- English language difficulty due to coming from a non-English speaking background
- You are a refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Difficult family circumstances
- Of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- You are female
- Carer or sole parenting responsibilities
- From a low socio-economic background
- Demonstrated financial hardship
The following IT equity scholarships are available:
These scholarships are aimed to encourage greater diversity in the IT profession, including gender diversity and the participation of women, by making financial support available to female students.
The following scholarships are available to women:
How to apply
Application closing dates vary, with some 2017 information technology scholarships closing as early as June 2016. Check the database for specific closing dates and instructions about how to apply.
Current domestic students
The information included above is about scholarships for future IT students. Current information technology students at UTS are eligible for scholarships and prizes awarded to those who demonstrate academic aptitude, communication skills, leadership, initiative and creativity.
Examples of current students IT scholarships and prizes include:
- Information Technology Honours Scholarships
- John Hughes Memorial Scholarship
- BInfTech Relocation Allowance and Scholarships for Further Study
- Scholarships for international students
A range of generous tuition fee scholarships and prizes are available for commencing and continuing international undergraduate and postgraduate IT students. These scholarships and prizes will be awarded on academic merit to our most outstanding students across the following courses:
Information Technology International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship
- C10148 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- C10345 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice
- Information Technology International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship
- Information Technology Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
Faculty of Engineering and IT Research Scholarships
- Faculty of Engineering and IT PhD and Master's by research
- ServiceRocket Advanced Internet Programming Prize for Undergraduate Students
- ServiceRocket Advanced Internet Programming Prize for Postgraduate Students
- ServiceRocket Programming Fundamentals Prize (Undergraduate Students)
- Dean's Merit List
- Insearch Prize – Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Insearch Prize for General Proficiency in Information Technology (Undergraduate Students)
- Oracle Database Prize (Undergraduate Students)
- SAS Undergraduate Data Mining Prize
- SAS Postgraduate Data Mining Prize