What is Unistart?
- A free one year program that enables Indigenous students to succeed at university.
- Offers study options in the areas of Health, Law, Education and DAB (Design, Architecture and Building).
- Provides you with entry to the UTS undergraduate course of your choice on successful completion.
- Provides you with up to half a year of credit (24 points) towards your uni degree.
Who is Unistart for?
- are an adult learner with valuable skills and experience, looking to add university to your achievements; or
- have completed a TAFE or other vocational qualification and wish to continue your study; or
- have completed Year 12 but may not have the ATAR you need to get into the course you want, or you want to strengthen your academic skills before starting uni?
Then Unistart is for you!
How does Unistart work?
- You take a mix of faculty subjects and academic preparation subjects that give you a realistic taste of uni study while gradually building up your study skills.
- You engage with other Indigenous students in high quality learning experiences including workshops, small groups and individual support sessions.
- You are supported by Indigenous tutors who work with you throughout the session, including preparing assignments and studying for exams.
- You are supported by a dedicated Student Services team, who will assist you with enrolment, ABSTUDY, scholarships, housing and other aspects of university life.
To be eligible for Unistart you need to be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
For more information, please email or contact Jumbunna on freecall: 1800 064 312 or 02 9514 1902.