UTS: Engineering scholarship program is not only designed to provide financial support, it also promotes your development as a future leader in engineering through partnerships between the university and engineering industry.
Below you will find information about scholarships for future students. Current UTS students are eligible for scholarships and prizes awarded to those who demonstrate academic excellence, good communication and leadership skills, initiative and creativity.
Visit the current students engineering scholarships and prizes page for more information.
You will have the opportunity to meet industry leaders early in your career, develop a professional network and gain real world experience.
Engineering scholarships sponsored by industry are available to you if you can demonstrate academic achievement, leadership, creativity and communication skills, as well as a commitment to a career in the profession:
Check eligibility and apply for industry sponsored engineering scholarships
You could be provided with financial support if you can demonstrate financial hardship or that you are receiving a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or able to demonstrate exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence. Low income scholarships might preference applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage. Equity scholarships might also be available on the basis of financial hardship (see next section).
The following financial need scholarships are available:
- WJ & LM Sinclair Scholarship in Engineering
- Linden Little Engineering Equity Scholarship
- Women in Engineering Equity Scholarship
- CallidusCloud Scholarship in Information Technology
- Intech Credit Union Scholarship in Information Technology
You could be provided with financial support if you have experienced long-term educational disadvantage arising from any of the following circumstances:
- Personal illness, an ongoing medical condition or disability
- English language difficulty due to coming from a non-English speaking background
- You are a refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Difficult family circumstances
- Of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- You are female
- Carer or sole parenting responsibilities
- From a low socio-economic background
- Demonstrated financial hardship
The following equity scholarships are available:
- The Eleanor Dunn Scholarship in Engineering
- Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Young Technologists Scholarship
These scholarships are aimed to encourage greater diversity in the engineering profession, including gender diversity and the participation of women, by making financial support available to female students.
The following scholarships are available to women: