On This Page
The Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building is renowned for its strong industry connections. These close connections ensure that our graduates are highly sought by employers, achieving employment rates as high as 98% for our Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Source: Graduate Careers Australia 2013).
These links with our sponsors has led to the creation of many prizes, awards and scholarships, along with the direct placement of students in internships and work placements.
Our major sponsors include:
- AMP Capital
- Cox Architecture
- Hansen Yuncken
- NSW Business Chamber and W.M. Ritchie Aust P/L
- UrbanGrowth NSW
- Western Earthmoving
By studying at DAB, you will benefit from our industry focus:
- Our curriculum uses real-world projects and centres on leading-edge technology.
- Both academics and practitioners who are recognised leaders in their fields teach our courses.
- We invite industry to work with our students both formally as adjunct or sessional academics and informally as guest lecturers or project participants.
- Students get the opportunity to collaborate with industry on actual projects.
- Students must complete internships in a number of our degrees, including Construction Project Management and Design in Visual Communication.
Many of our degrees are formally accredited, meaning our graduates are recognised by industry bodies nationally and internationally.
We also ensure that our degrees lead current industry trends:
- Industry advisory committees regularly review our courses to ensure that they keep pace with change and industry expectations.
- DAB staff members consult regularly with industry contributing to the review of professional development courses run by professional bodies and other associations.