Working across multiple platforms, genres and media, students develop sophisticated production skills in video, sound and digital media, and enhance their creative innovation in these areas. Students are encouraged to evolve as creative producers of media projects throughout their studies, as well as deepen their understanding and technical proficiency across media production areas. By the end of their course, students will have developed a professional portfolio of creative media work.
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production)
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production) / Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production) / Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production) / Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Master of Media Arts and Production
- Graduate Diploma in Media Arts and Production
- Graduate Certificate in Media Arts and Production
Why Media Arts and Production at UTS?
- Leading provider of education in moving image, video, sound and convergent media
- Renowned for the creative talent and award-winning success of its academic staff, students and graduates
- Opportunities for students interested in specific technical areas such as editing, cinematography, sound or new media to collaborate with other students during the program, building expertise, sharing ideas, and developing show reels that demonstrate their talent and potential
- Opportunity to have major film projects screened at the end of semester screenings in the UTS Great Hall
- Access to cutting-edge updated production facilities and equipment including: purpose-built digital sound studios and editing suites, Avid and Final Cut Pro digital video editing suites, an optical printer, Oxberry animation stands, HD digital video cameras, sound recorders, a radio studio and a television studio/shooting stage, portable lighting and all necessary accessories. Other facilities include a computer lab with Mac Pro workstations running software such as After Effects, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash. See a visual tour of our facilities.
- Opportunity for outstanding MAP graduates from any university to pursue advanced work with a separate one-year, full-time honours course.
- UTS Alumni receive a 10% saving on tuition fees for full fee paying courses. For the full details and to check your eligibility please see the Alumni Advantage Program
What type of student work is involved?
What the students say
Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production)
Senior Compositor — Tyson Donnelly
“You don't quite realise it at the time but [UTS] is training you to think differently and approach things from a non-conventional angle.”
Master of Media Arts and Production
“What I really like about Media Arts and Production is how artistic and practical the course is.”
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production) Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
This course has a long-standing reputation as the best of its kind throughout Australia, so I didn’t hesitate to put UTS as my first choice when it came to applying for university.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production)
Co-founder — Bus Stop Films
“You need to be constantly working on projects and you get this work by making connections and sustaining those connections.”
Master of Media Arts and Production
“During my studies I’ve gained an in-depth immersion into the digital and video world.”
- Information days and events
- Discipline Coordinator: Chris Caines (Autumn) Alex Munt (Spring)
- UTS Student Centre: 1300 275 887