Conversations @ UTS
- Want to feel more confident when you speak?
- Want to practise effective ways to speak socially and professionally?
- Looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends and learning to network in a friendly and supportive environment?
A conversation is very different from a lecture or a presentation - you need to listen and follow the flow of the words and ideas of each speaker. There's no time for a dictionary!
Conversations@ UTS provides a great opportunity to practise your English conversation skills and meet new people in a friendly and relaxed environment.These two hour group sessions aim to develop your confidence in joining casual conversations – socially, at university and at work. Come and join the discussion!
Timetable: Download the HELPS Conversations Timetable.pdf.
Want to attend? If you are a current UTS student, just show up! Be sure to bring your student ID card.
When you attend, please remember:
- You can attend as many sessions as you like.
- You may be asked to attend another session if there are too many students.
If you would prefer to practise your English one-to-one with a local student, please visit the HELPSmates buddy program section.