UTS site search

Financial help

Computers and equipment

Domestic students on a low income or financially struggling with additional educational disadvantages may apply for:

  • study related hardware (laptop/desktop)
  • course related software
  • special needs hardware/software (see your Disability Support Officer at UTS Special Needs)
  • mobile broadband internet (USB dataplan)
  • other course essential equipment

Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent or humanitarian resident, receiving a Centrelink benefit or able to demonstrate a low income.

Enrolled students who:

  • live a long distance from the University,
  • have carer responsibilities or (single) parenting
  • have a disability or illness (please also see our Special Needs Service) or
  • are Indigenous Australians,

are encouraged to apply.

To Apply

Applicants need to provide information about their situation and finances at an appointment with the Financial Assistance Service.

Please read through our  guidelines (PDF, 83kB, 2 pages) before submitting your application, online. You can apply online - the link is at the end of the guidelines pdf.

Refurbished desktop computers

Students receiving a Centrelink benefit and looking for a reliable ex-lease desktop computer should check out (both links open external sites):

Both companies offer internet-ready computers with software and warranties.

Students with disabilities 

 The UTS Special Needs Service provides information on and training in assistive software for students who have a disability or ongoing illness.