On This Page
If you are an undergraduate student, you must attain 48 credit points of your degree by the time you go on exchange. If you are a postgraduate student, you must attain 24 credit points.
Some faculties also have specific eligibility criteria for going on exchange.
Arts and Social Sciences
- If in-country study is part of your degree, you will need to have completed it before going on exchange.
- BA in Communication courses – students will find information on exchange on the Communications page.
- Global Studies students are encouraged to go on exchange during the second semester of their second year.
- Postgraduate Communication and Education – students are encouraged to go on exchange in their second semester.
- Students in Creative Intelligence combined degrees are advised to go on exchange in the UTS Spring semester.
Design, Architecture and Building
- Undergraduate design and architecture students are advised to go on exchange in the second semester of their second year and the first semester of their third year.
- BA Architecture students are encouraged to go on exchange in the first or second semester of their third year.
- MA Architecture students are encouraged to go on exchange in one of the middle semesters of their degree.
- Undergraduate students and students in the Juris Doctor (versions 1 and 2) can go on exchange after completing 68 credit points and the UTS subject Equity and Trusts.
- Juris Doctor students (version 3) can go on exchange after completing all core subjects.
Before you apply to go on exchange – or if you’d like to have your questions about exchange answered – you need to attend a Global Exchange Information Session. Several information sessions will take place during UTS Autumn 2017 session for Autumn 2018 round.
Application process and timeline for Autumn 2018 application can be found here