On This Page
UTS:Law offers exciting opportunities for current UTS students who want to gain international experience.
Find out how you can go on exchange for one or two sessions of your degree or have a shorter term experience overseas such as through summer schools and internships.
Add international experience to your degree by studying subjects at a UTS global exchange partner around the world. UTS’s Global Exchange program gives you the opportunity to study overseas for one or two teaching sessions at a UTS partner university in Asia, Europe or the Americas. With 248 exchange agreements with partners in more than 50 countries and territories, UTS has one of the largest international exchange programs in Australia.
Explore your options at the UTS Global Exchange Fair on Tuesday 4 April.
- Talk to UTS exchange students who’ve been on exchange
- Meet representatives from UTS Partner Universities
- Discover how you can fit an exchange semester into your study plan
- Get advice from your faculty, the student centre and the UTS Global Exchange team
- Explore financial options to fund your exchange (OS HELP Loans and Scholarships)
More information on the event page.
BUiLD (Beyond UTS International Leadership Development) is a leadership program that is free to join and open to all UTS students. BUiLD provides you with a range of opportunities, locally and internationally, which will help you to develop your skills, broaden your horizons and build your leadership potential.
Explore the range of short-term overseas programs on offer, including summer schools, experiential learning programs, conferences and volunteering opportunities, offered through the BUiLD program.
There are five summer school programs that are offered to current UTS:Law students through our overseas education partners:
- China University of Political Science and Law Beijing, China
2017 Law summer school. Enrolments open Feb 2017
- East China University of Political Science and Law Shanghai, China (17 Jun-7 Jul 2017)
Develop a preliminary understanding of the theory and practice of the Chinese legal system, society and culture. Applications close 31 May 2017.
- Meiji University Tokyo, Japan (2 sessions: 3-14 Jul or 28 July-9 Aug 2017)
Study Japanese law in its social and cultural context. Applications open 1 Feb 2017.
- Shanghai University, Shanghai China
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law Chongqing, China
Free for UTS students - 2017 Chinese cultural program.
Some funding may be available for students to assist with participation with some summer schools.
UTS:Law currently offers a winter school program in South Korea:
- Seoul Academy of International Law Seoul, South Korea. Download the application form (DOC) to apply.
UTS:Law offers numerous overseas internship placements with our international partners in different countries and regions so you can learn in the real world for subject credit.
Explore these opportunities to study the Master of Laws (LLM) program overseas:
- Beijing Foreign Studies University (PPT), Beijing China
Two-year LLM in Chinese Business and Commercial Law, focusing on Chinese Business and Commercial Law and taught in English
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Global Scholarships available to study the LLM in International Economic Law, LLM in Chinese Business Law, and LLM in Common Law in 2017/8
- Humboldt University, Berlin Germany
One-year full-time LLM program in International Dispute Resolution (IDR)
- Keio University, Tokyo Japan
LLM in Global Legal Practice taught in English, the first of its kind within a Japanese law school
- Peking University (PDF), Beijing China
One-year full-time LLM in Chinese Law, focusing on Chinese civil and commercial law and taught in English
- Renmin Law School, Beijing China
Two- year English taught program focusing on dissertation writing, legal practice and internships. Scholarships available.