On This Page
Certain classes will be held in the Powerhouse Museum (PH) throughout 2017, until Building 2 is completed in 2019. This is an exciting new learning space with many features that UTS students can take advantage of, but there’s a few specific things you need to be aware of if you have classes in the Powerhouse Museum (such as always carrying your student ID).
The Powerhouse Museum is approximately a 10-minute walk from Central Station via The Goods Line. The route has been marked out in yellow on the campus map (PDF, 353kb).
You can also catch the light-rail to the Paddy's Market stop. This light-rail stop is located between Hay Street and Quay Street, near Paddy’s Markets entrance and opposite Qantas Credit Union Area (formerly Sydney Entertainment Centre). For more information visit the NSW Transport - Lightrail Info website.
Students must access the Powerhouse:
- via the Museum’s level 1 (PDF, 92kB) entry off The Goods Line. There is no access to UTS students via the main entry from Harris St.
- From level 1, take the escalator up to level 2 (PDF, 83kB) and follow the signs to the Powerhouse Theatre. Disability access is via a lift from the level 1 lobby.
Stickers for your ID card
Important: you are required to have your student ID and sticker on you at all times whilst in the Powerhouse Museum. You will not be permitted access without it.
- Arrive approximately 10-15 minutes prior to your class.
- Take the escalator to the theatre on level 2 where stickers will be issued.
- If you are a late enrolment and/or attending your first class at the Powerhouse Theatre on or after Friday 7 April 2017, you will need to collect your access sticker from a UTS Student Centre - (Building 5 and Building 10).
Forgetting your ID card
Food and drink
- enter your username (student email@example.com or UTS email address) and your usual UTS network password.
- the nearest Security Office to the Powerhouse Museum is located in Building 5, on level 2 of the UTS Library - phone 9514 1192/3.