Professor Glenn Wightwick
Professor Glenn Wightwick joined UTS as Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) from 4 August 2014.
Professor Wightwick, a fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, was selected against tough national and international competition, and joins UTS from IBM, where he was Director, IBM Research — Australia and IBM Australia Chief Technologist. He brings global experience from his role at IBM having led teams in the US and China, worked on IBM’s global technical strategy and established world-leading research laboratories here in Australia.
As Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Research), Professor Wightwick has responsibility for research policy development and general oversight of the University's research activities, postgraduate education, industry liaison, intellectual property and commercialisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- the development and implementation of a research strategy which fulfils the UTS vision to be a world-leading University of Technology; in particular, overseeing UTS's strategic research investments, research performance and ensuring excellence through skillbuilding and support of research and academic staff
- further promotion of research collaboration with industry and government, and building strong linkages in the research and innovation sector nationally and internationally
- continued enhancement of the quality of UTS postgraduate research education, and the building of a vibrant research community.
- Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG)
- Institute for Sustainable Futures (ISF)
- Research and Innovation Office
- Graduate Research School
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW 2007
Tel: +61 2 9514 1257
Fax: +61 2 9514 1772