On This Page
The School of Life Sciences at UTS brings together a vibrant research and teaching culture with a diversity of interests in areas such as environmental, plant, marine biology, medical microbiology, infectious diseases, parasitology, inflammation, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurological disorders, cancer, metabolic biochemistry and bionanotechnology.
The School of Life Sciences is led by the Head of School, Professor William Gladstone and is supported by:
- Associate Professor Stella Valenzuela, Associate Head of School, Research
- Associate Professor Andrea Leigh, Associate Head of School, Teaching and Learning
- Professor Michael Wallach, Associate Head of School, Strategic Development
A group of professional staff support the School executives and they are:
- Dan Willis, School Manager
- Shannon Hawkins, Research Officer
- Kristine Treloar, Teaching and Learning Officer
- Naiyana Akkarawongphiphat, School Administration Officer
- Alex Chen, Administrative Assistant
The School of Life Sciences is located on Level 6 in Buildings 4 and 7.
Building 4 (CB04)
Corner of Thomas St and Harris St
(opposite ABC Ultimo Harris St and Ultimo TAFE in Thomas St)
Building 7 (CB07)
638 Jones Street, Broadway
PO Box 123
Broadway, NSW 2007
Four UTS scientists commence their journey to Antarctica this week working on a project supported by the Australian Antarctic Science Grant Program.
Explore your research potential. Work on a research project under the supervision of an academic in the Faculty.