All science and maths students are strongly encouraged to explore professional experience opportunities, and when possible take on an internship, while studying at UTS.
A Science internship can be presented in many forms; research project on campus or at an external organisation, lab-based work in a local hospital, office work at a medical firm, work experience in a National Park, full-time internship in a bank. The applications of science are endless so think outside the box.
UTS Science and UTS Careers Service run regular pre-internship workshops, with the aim of providing students with the professional skills required to find and complete an internship. Details can be found on UTS CareerHub or the UTS Science Events list.
Students, who have been offered an internship and wish to receive academic credit for their work, can use their electives to enrol into an existing UTS Science Internship subject:
- 60702 - Science Internship A (6cp)
- 60703 - Science Internship A (12cp)
- 60704 - Science Internship B (6cp)
- 60705 - Science Internship B (12cp)
- 60706 - Science Internship C (6cp)
- 60707 - Science Internship (18cp)
- 60708 - Science Internship D (6cp)
- 60709 - Science Internship (24cp)
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.