Discover what research at Sydney's top-ranked design school looks like. Join us on Wednesday 23 August for the UTS School of Design's PhD Information Evening information evening.
At this event you will be able to:
- Find out from Head of School Professor Lawrence Wallen why UTS School of Design is ranked in the Top 30 globally
- Hear from our academic leaders about the School of Design and our research clusters:
- Critical Spatial Thinking: Design and Performative Practice
- Transformative Technologies and the Power of Making
- Imagining Fashion Futures
- Data Poetics
- Services, Product Service Systems and Products for a Circular Economy
- Understand the ins and outs of developing a research degree application
- Discuss your proposed research topic with the school's senior academics OR find out how to develop a research topic
- Get help finding the right supervisor
Calling applicants from both design and non-design backgrounds.
All PhD clusters are inter- or transdisciplinary and are suitable from interested candidates with backgrounds in Design, Photography, Media Studies, Arts and Social Studies, Health, Architecture, Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Dance, Exhibition and Curating.
Developing your research topic
We are looking to work with suitable candidates to develop their research topics for submission. You do not need to have a developed proposal already.
NOTE: This information session is for students looking to undertake a PhD in the UTS School of Design only.
Postgraduate coursework students should register for our next PG Information Session.
Students looking to study Architecture or Built Environment Research Degrees, or those interested in a Masters by Research, should register for our general HDR Information Evening.
Find out more about studying a Design research degree at UTS.