On This Page
A range of short courses, seminars, symposia, workshops and ongoing professional development programs are provided for professionals and aspiring professionals in the following areas:
The long-established Australian Centre for Independent Journalism at UTS offers intensive hands-on short courses in journalism and the media including writing for the Web, specialist fields of journalism and editing. Courses are provided for professionals working in the media to upgrade their skills and for those looking to develop new skills.
A range of professional development activities are available at UTS for teachers and education leaders. UTS is a BOSTES accredited provider of courses at the Proficient Teacher, Highly Accomplished Teacher and Lead Teacher levels.
We have a number of courses ready to present in schools but often tailor professional development to suit the specific requirements of individual schools or clusters of schools.
- Courses at Lead Teacher level (pdf, 133kB)
- Courses at Highly Accomplished Teacher Level (pdf, 155kB)
- Courses at Proficient Teacher level (pdf, 165kB)
UTS has a close working partnership with the NSW Secondary Principals’ Council, the NSW Primary Principals’ Association, and the Australian Council for Educational Leaders, and consults with these and other educational bodies to tailor training and development to meet the needs of teachers and school leaders in a changing educational environment.
Innovative new professional development programs are also being developed for school principals, deputy principals and other senior schools leaders and managers in areas such as financial and business management, project management, leadership, and marketing and promotion. These professional development programs include:
- The Fundamentals of Financial Management for Schools
- Lead Well - Wellbeing for Leadership
- Governance and Risk Management Workshop for School Principals
- Human Resources: Workforce Planning for School Principals
- Legal Knowledge for School Principals
- Developing Leadership for Educators
- Coaching Skills for School Leaders
For more information contact Anne Prescott.