At UTS, education isn’t just something that happens in the classroom. In fact, sending our students out into the world is key to our commitment to producing work-ready graduates with industry-relevant skills.
In the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, our industry hosts provide a wide range of internship and professional placement opportunities for students in all our courses. We’re currently seeking host organisations who want to mentor the leading professionals of tomorrow, leveraging their skills and knowledge for organisational gain.
Benefits for industry
As a FASS industry host, offering an internship placement to a UTS student can provide a range of benefits to your organisation. You can:
- gain access to short-term workplace support (e.g. project assistance)
- gain fresh ideas, new perspectives and increased awareness of new technologies and research
- contribute to developing the future workforce for your industry or field of practice
- develop mentoring skills within your organisation
- contribute to your corporate social responsibility and community engagement objectives.
Types of internships
Internships can be offered across a range of arts and social sciences disciplines, including:
- Advertising, public relations and corporate communication
- Organisational and government communication
- Social media
- Video production
- Information and knowledge management
- Global studies (global perspectives on communication, business, law and management)
We’re also seeking specialist internship placements for primary and secondary education students. Please contact the School of Education Practicum Office to find out more.
Is your company based overseas? We’re always on the lookout for international internship opportunities that give our students a global perspective on their studies. FASS currently has more than 70 relationships with international educational institutions and corporations; some of our current partners include Mitsui & Co (Japan) and 40K Globe (India).
Duration of internships
There is a limit on the number of hours an intern can be placed at an organisation, our interns are available for a maximum of 100 hours.
International internships are approximately 3 to 4 weeks in duration.
For advice on how to create, structure and advertise an internship or assistance with CareerHub please contact: email@example.com.
For more information on international internship opportunities, please contact Director of Internationalisation: Susan Oguro
Information for students
If you’re a current FASS student and you’re looking for information on internships, please visit the following school pages for more information: